I LOVE April. My birthday is at the end of this month (the 29th), and I’ve often felt that this entire month should just be one long celebration. It’s not hard to do, because the weather is fab, there’s tons of Austin activities and people are overall is a much lighter mood now that winter is behind us.
This month is also crazy in my household: my aunt and cousins are visiting this weekend from Colorado Springs, next weekend I’m helping to put on a design conference in Kerrville, the following weekend my inlaws come for a visit from Tampa, and the last and most important weekend two of my most favorite people in the whole world, my sister and my friend Laura, are coming to visit. The last time the three of us got together in San Francisco we partied in a washing machine and flew around Tokyo at night:
Top of all this fun activity with some exciting news: I start a new contract gig next week at a super amazing design firm downtown. This same firm would have never looked at my resume a year ago, but this year they’ve recruited me! Little old me! Please send me good vibes because I really want to rock this place with my sparkling wit, personality and mad design skillz (and not feel small and insignificant as per my normal tendency).
With all the visitors in town, here’s a look at some of the fun stuff I’ll be doing:
- A Cypress Valley zip-line tour
- A 3 hour boat cruise on Canyon Lake
- Pigging out at a brunch buffet at Moonshine
- Going to a Muppet movie sing-a-long
- Doing a bar-crawl on Rainey Street
- Attending Eeyore’s Birthday Party
- Going to a weiner dog race
- Taking screen-printing and book-binding classes at one of the oldest girls’ summer camp in the country
- Trying all the new eateries that have opened downtown for lunch since the last time I worked there
Forget March Madness, it’s April Awesomeness now. Happy Birth-month to me!