You don’t have to just take my word on how awesome Austin is. Take my friends’ words too!
I asked some friends to list their top five things about Austin, and here are their responses:
- The entrepreneurial spirit of Austin and Austinites. We have so many unique, successful companies, restaurants, shops, services, businesses, etc that were born in Austin and thrive here only and/or around the world.
- “Water, water, everywhere” Our beautiful springs, river, lakes, creeks combined with our parks, hike and bike trails, playgrounds and preserves.
- The Capitol complex anchors the city and provides a true sense of the State of Texas and Texans. My favorite buildings are the Capitol and the Bob Bullock Museum.
- The “Open Arms” vitality of Austin that welcomes and charms everyone and makes all things possible.
- The University of Texas and campus‘ vintage architecture, modern buildings, the fountains, the trees, the Tower, the experience! “Hook’em Horns!”
- Puffy cotton ball clouds of summer (perfect for finding faces in the clouds)
- The geology of the area creating caves, bluffs and easy fossil hunting
- Austin Homebrew Supply store
- Lots of sunshine, though when the storm comes it is a satisfying bone shaker
- Music, music everywhere (I’m not even a music person, but it is a spice of life and Austin is marinated in live music)
- The weather is one. It’s like the saying, “If you don’t like the weather in Texas, just wait a few minutes.” I know it gets hot in the summer, but the rest of the year is pretty mild. Nothing too drastic happens. And I’m amused how everything shuts down when there’s an ice storm. We can’t handle anything.
- There’s tons of live music from all ends of the spectrum to go check out.
- It’s like a little big city. Austin still has the same vibe that it’s always had. There’s a lot more people here then there used to be, but it still feels very laid back.
- There’s a lot of stuff you can do right outside of Austin. Schlitterbahn, Enchanted Rock, Fredericksburg , a lot of day trippy stuff.
- There’s a lot of awesome food here. You can’t get barbeque and Tex-Mex like ours anywhere else.
- Wide variety of dining
- Several parks and activities for children of all ages
- Scenic hills, lakes and wildflowers around town
- Central Market: shopping, cafes, music, children friendly
Creative Commons image by: ercwttmn