You should live here if you want to be in the center of the action, and your furniture would look so good in a loft. You love going out to restaurants, bars and clubs. You have no need for a yard or a car – rather you prefer nearby parks and walking/biking everywhere.
Downtown has seen a boom in the past couple years and there are many condos to purchase or rent. With Whole Foods and Trader Joes nearby, not to mention a few locations of the small but scrappy Royal Blue Grocery, you can work, play, eat, exercise and shop without having to leave the area.
- Major neighborhood name:
- ZIP code to use in MLS searches: 78701
- 2018 median listing price: $678K
- 2018 price per sq ft: $526
- Rental Prices: Upper range of market
View properties on the market
See listings for Downtown on Austin Home Match.
Explore the neighborhood
See it on a map
See area schools
$250k and under
- South Austin (South of Hwy 71)
- Central Austin (Along Lamar & Burnet Rd)
- North Austin Suburbs (Round Rock, Pflugerville, Cedar Park)
- East Austin
$500k and up
- Central Austin (Hyde Park)
- Central Austin (around MOPAC)
- South Austin (78704)
- Parts of South Austin (Circle C)
- West Austin Suburbs
PLEASE NOTE: This is a general breakdown of Austin neighborhoods by price range and neighborhood. Exceptions to be found everywhere! I’ve heavily sprinkled in my opinions about areas and admit my Central Austin bias.
REALTORS: Don’t plagiarize Move to Austin. Write your own stuff.