8 more days for you to enter the One Year Anniversary contest. Thought I’d share some of the entries so far:
Favorite Things About Austin
- listening to cicadas in the summer
- summer days (try nine years in the Pacific NW and see if you don’t miss TX summers, too!)
- margaritas and tex-mex
- Floating on a float at Barton Springs
- Two-stepping at the Broken Spoke
- Looking at the Austin sky while camping at Emma Long
- Thursday night free concert series at Shady Grove
- Sno-cones at Sno-beach during the summer
- bats (i watch them from my deck)
- customer service at the omlettry
- my house (i live in agave)
- driving down mopac during the kite festival
- sipping joe’s while strolling down so co.
- the dusty, concrete-y, lake-y, Austin-y smell of rain in the heat of summer.
- the Austin mythology of the Armadillo World Headquarters, Raft Race, 4th of July Picnic, Eeyore’s, and the general “good old days.”
- the way Austinites embrace change even as we complain about it.
- that there is a festival in Austin every single weekend.
- that “shop locally” really means something to so many people in Austin.
- the Alamo Drafthouse
- Tubing the Greenbelt
- Barton Springs Full Moon Parties
- slacking away the day at Bouldin Creek Coffeehouse
- my city-issued recycling bin is twice as big as my city-issued trash bin
- people are friendly
- there are multiple restaurants offering vegetarian and vegan food
- independent businesses can thrive here becaue people actually support them.
- there are cupcakeries and cupcake-mobiles!